So after reading this beautifully written article, I went over to Guillem March’s blog. To my horror, I found that above comment.
Criticizing and analyzing artwork on an intellectual level is one thing- but all out wishing death on somebody for their work is fucking insane and has nothing to do with logic but pure stupidity.
Come on people, get with the fucking program! Be responsible. “I’d wish you were dead..” is in “threat” territory. This is artwork (regardless of the problems we have with it), this is work for hire- True it’s not helping us as a people, but it’s nothing to get violent over. I mean, fuck! You don’t know if March was instructed to do that pose that way by his editors, or whomever. It’s clear from his thumbnails and other pieces of artwork that he actually knows anatomy and a tenderness to his women that is not shown in his cover work. He does have skill- no doubt. But it also shows the kind of work he’s being paid for is the overly ‘sexualized-doesn’t work in real life’ artwork. This seems to be a norm in the business of comics though (I’m not agreeing with this mind you). To wish death on somebody who is doing his job is outrageous, and well wishing death on anybody is a fucking travesty.
p.s. To the “anon” who wished death- I hope they track your IP buddy…
Wow the person who wrote this deathwish comment is a dipshit.
1. Wishing death on someone cause they drew shit you don’t like makes it obvious you have brain dents.
2. That picture is like, a tad wonky it’s not even a big deal.
3. Even if I don’t like this art the artist here has skills, skills someone who spends their time wishing death on others through the internet does not have.
4. This is a product of an entire industry, it’s certainly not just one artists fault comic superheros are littered with women posing in backbreaking ways. TAKE IT UP WITH THE INDUSTRY, STOP SUPPORTING THEM.
5. Pretty sure death sucks worse than losing your job moron.
6. Lol @ DC Comics realizing anything.
Basically I just want to throw it out to tumblr if you have a friend who tosses out death wishes over drawings, that person is an idiot, don’t be their friend.